APHA STATISTICS SECTION MISSION STATEMENT
The mission of the Statistics Section of the APHA is to promote sound statistical practice in public health. The application of appropriate statistical methods by public health professionals and policy makers optimizes the allocation of limited public health resources. The Section accomplishes this mission through:
- Advocating sound statistical reasoning in the science and practice of public health;
- Supporting the use of statistics to guide public health policy;
- Working to advance the role and influence of statistical professionals at the local, state, and national levels;
- Educating public health professionals and the general public about the critical role of statistics in public health;
- Training public health professionals in new and existing statistical methods; and
Encouraging the development of new statistical methods appropriate for public health research and practice.