PART I: SECTION PURPOSES AND FUNCTIONS
D. Section Meetings
1. Section Council Meetings
a. Meetings at the Annual Meetings
The Section Council will meet twice during the Annual Meeting. The first meeting will be held n the early part of the Annual Meeting. The second meeting will be held in the middle of the Annual Meeting. The second meeting shall serve as the general Section business meeting. Additional meetings may be convened at the Annual Meetings as deemed necessary by the Section Chair.
b. Meetings outside Annual Meeting.
Between Annual Meetings of the Association, the Section Council can be convened (via telephone) as deemed necessary by the Section Chair to conduct the business of the Section.
2. Section business meeting
The Section business meeting will be held in the middle of the Annual Meeting. It is open to all Section members.
3. Purpose of section meetings
The principle actions to be taken at the two Section Council meetings held at the Annual Meeting are:
- review of Section programs and activities
- discussion of Section plans for the ensuing year
- appointment of committee Chairs and committees ( in particular, the Nominations Committee)
- discussion of program plans for the ensuing year
- recommendations for solicitation and publication of papers
- review of the expenditure of funds during the year and approval of the budget for the forthcoming year
- review of policies to be voted on by the Governing Council at the Annual Meeting
- decision about the Association President and Executive Board candidates for whom the Section representatives will vote