Welcome to the Applied Public Health Statistics Section!
The mission of the Applied Public Health Statistics Section of the APHA is to promote sound statistical practice in public health.
The application of appropriate statistical methods by public health professionals and policy makers
optimizes the allocation of limited public health resources. The Section accomplishes this mission t
1. Advocating sound statistical reasoning in the science and practice of public health.
2. Supporting the use of statistics to guide public health policy.
3. Working to advance the role and influence of statistical professionals at the local, state, and national levels.
4. Educating public health professionals and the general public about the critical role of statistics in public health.
5. Training public health professionals in new and existing statistical methods; and Encouraging the development of new statistical methods appropriate for public health research and practice.
Become involved by:
1. Submitting abstracts for the conference
2. Volunteering to review abstracts
3. Become an officer (contact Section Chair or Past Chair if you are interested in being nominated)
4. Nominate someone for section awards in industry, academia or government (contact Awards Chair)
5. Attend business meetings during the annual conference
6. Submit invited session proposals for the annual conference (contact Chair-elect)
7. Volunteer for the Booth at the conference
8. Get in touch with us for more ideas on becoming involved!
Join us TODAY and share the site with your friends! Already a member? You can still join the Applied Public Health Statistics Section! Find out how: http://www.apha.org/about/membership/.
Become a friend of STAT. Follow us on Facebook.
How to follow STAT? Here's how. Follow us on Twitter.
Friend us on LinkedIn.
2012 Achievement Award for Continuing Education
Our Section was selected to receive the APHA Education Board Achievement Award for commitment to providing continuing education opportunities at the APHA 140th Annual Meeting and Exposition that was held in San Francisco, CA October 27 – 31, 2012.
This award is given each year to Sectiona, SPIGs, Caucuses and Forums whose entire offerings of scientific sessions are awarded continuing education credit.