About Podiatric Health
The PHS of the APHA envisions a health care system where each individual is enabled to make appropriate decisions about healthy living, through a health care system which is patient centered where provider and patient partner to make health care choices in order to achieve maximum functional capacity.
- Improve the relationship between the Podiatric Health Section and the APMA leadership.
- Provide a standing yearly report to the HOD on the section's activities.
- Increase public awareness of Podiatric Medicine and the extensive role of podiatric medicine in the general health of the population
- Provide educational materials to the media
- Offer our members as speakers to community groups on foot health
- Increase the numbers within our ranks
- Establish an ongoing yearly membership drive at the colleges of podiatric medicine and the annual HOD
- Set a public health agenda for the podiatric health section
- Set a yearly updated public health agenda and make it public via professional and lay media
- Increase the involvement of podiatric medical students in APHA
- Establish APHA chapters at each college
- Develop and maintain a database of Humanitarian/Missionary/Community Medicine Projects nationally and internationally
For more information, follow this link to APHA PODIATRIC HEALTH SECTION: A HISTORICAL PERSPECTIVE by Arthur E. Helfand, DPM