Mental Health Section
The purposes of the Mental Health Section of APHA include:
- Quality: Identify issues adversely affecting the public's mental health; seek solutions
that enhance mental health; provide training, information and support; advocate public mental health needs.
- Participation: Create a mechanism by which interested individuals can participate in the programs, policies, and actions of the Association.
- Coordination: Develop and evaluate programs in conjunction with the APHA Program Development Board, Action Board, and other sections.
- Recommendations: Serve the APHA through making interpretations and recommendations regarding public mental health concerns.
- Collaboration: Identify opportunities for collaboration between professionals and other interested individuals.