About Food and Nutrition
The goals of the section are as follows:
· Through collaborative partnership, to influence national policy development related to public health nutrition and physical activity. We do this by:
· Keeping the Food and Nutrition Section membership informed about national policies and legislation related to nutrition and physical activity.
· Strengthening and supporting public health policy and practice through the development of resolutions, position papers, and policy statements related to current and emerging issues in nutrition and physical activity.
· Advocating for policies, programs, services, and environmental changes that will improve and support healthful eating and physical activity.
· To keep the Food and Nutrition Section membership informed about new research and knowledge related to food, nutrition, and physical activity.
· To maintain a commitment to the work force in recruiting and training for the field of public health nutrition, with special emphasis on diversity.
· To strive for placement of Food and Nutrition Section members into APHA governance positions.
· To increase and strengthen membership in the Food and Nutrition Section.