Members of the DisAbility Forum
– over 250 strong- are involved with policies and actions focusing on the equalization of opportunities for people with disabilities. These include the promotion of equity in health care and health outcomes, and social change to promote socioeconomic integration.
We come from a variety of backgrounds, including social and rehabilitative services, medical
and health professions, and social sciences. Hence, our work includes teaching, research, provision of clinical services, policy development, and civil service.
Benefits of membership include opportunities to:
1. Exchange information with committed colleagues to build a multidisciplinary knowledge base regarding disability and health;
2. Present scientific sessions at annual APHA meetings;
3. Receive newsletters that will keep you informed on the latest events, resources and activities of the Disability Section and its members
4. Participate in a listserv that serves as an electronic communication mechanism among the membership
5. Promote accessibility to APHA materials and meetings;
6. Collaborate with other organizations working in research, practice and education relevant to disability and health issues;
7. Recognize and be recognized for achievements relevant to the Disability Sections mission and goals through annual DisAbility Forum awards.
To Become a Member
You may select the DisAbility Forum as your Primary, Secondary or Tertiary Group when you apply for or renew American Public Health Association membership.
You may also join the DisAbility Forum by requesting a change or addition to your current APHA membership:
To Join or Renew your membership go to: http://www.apha.org/about/membership
For Questions regarding APHA membership contact:
For questions regarding Disability Section Membership contact:
George Jesien at firstname.lastname@example.org