Section Benefits and Activities
Reasons why you should join ATOD!
If you want to help direct the future of Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drug activities including policy, advocacy and programmatic issues, your expertise and ideas are important. We encourage you to join the ATOD section and get involved!
Some activities you can participate in are:
• A chance to influence the annual meeting program and to set priorities for the ATOD section,
• An opportunity to influence ATOD policy and have your voice and your issues heard within APHA,
• Advance notification of events and opportunities via the ATOD listserv (e.g., notification of call for abstracts and deadlines)
• Student Poster Showcase Awards (2009 winners received a stipend and an APHA student membership)
• ATOD Annual Meeting Program Guide to all ATOD sessions and events
• Formal and informal networking and mentoring and student practicum opportunities, and
• Membership in “one of the most active sections in APHA!”
Celebrating 25 years of ATOD Leadership!
It has been a wild ride the past quarter century. Please take a look at some of the people who made our journey a success. Below is a compiliation of these ATOD changemakers. Become a part of our section and be one of the new changemakers for the next 25 years!
Previous ATOD Annual Meeting Programs
Selected ATOD Activities
Below are some of the people that make up the ATOD section. These photos highlight some of the events that took place in the 2009 Annual Meeting in Philadelphia, PA.
These are just a sample of the pictures from the 2009 annual meeting. If you want to see more, please become a fan of our facebook fan page.
If you're unable to make it to the 2010 meeting in Denver, then save the date for the upcoming 139th Annual Meeting in Washington, DC in fall 2011.
For more about the American Public Health Association in general, please visit their main website at http://www.apha.org.
More about Section Activities/Benefits