Special Primary Interest Groups
- Alternative & Complementary Health Practices - Works toward the scientific evaluation of methods to promote and restore health that are not available from conventional medicine. Disseminates knowledge of validated practices and their potential contributions to health care.
- Ethics - Encourages public health officials to deliberately and systematically consider the ethical implications and cultural values behind their decisions.
- Law - now an APHA section
- Laboratory - Promotes the involvement of laboratory scientists in governmental policies affecting laboratories, and of laboratorians in the planning, evaluation, and operation of national, state, and local health programs that are dependent upon laboratory data.
- Physical Activity - now an APHA section
- Veterinary Public Health - Deals with those diseases or environmental health issues that affect both human and animal populations.