Poster Session Guidelines
A Poster Session is a graphic presentation of an author's research. The authors illustrate their findings by displaying graphs, photos, diagrams and a small amount of text on the poster boards.
Poster Sessions will take place in the Public Health Expo. Authors will hold discussions with registrants who are circulating among the poster boards. Many authors find it helpful to present a brief introduction to answer the obvious questions and allow the remainder of the time for more in-depth discussions.
APHA Presenter/Organizer/Moderator Policy:
- Presenters must be individual members of APHA to present
- Presenters, session organizers and moderators must register for the meeting (full or one-day).
- All presenters must be registered by the Advance Registration Deadline
- Speakers who fail to show up for their scheduled presentations without previously notifying the program planner of cancellation will not be permitted to present papers or posters at any APHA-sponsored meeting for two years following the "no-show."
Poster Development Tips
- Materials should include the title of the presentation and list of authors. Letters in the title should be at least 1 inch high. Bring all illustrations needed -- figures, tables, color photographs, charts.
- The material should be well labeled and legible from a distance of 10 to 15 feet away. Lettering should be bold. If you will be posting typed material, use a large font size (24 point font) on white, non-glossy paper. Use 1-inch margins. Avoid use of fancy fonts. Use upper and lowercase letters. Sans serif fonts such as Veranda are much easier than Serif fonts.
- The APHA Disability Section has developed additional information to assist you in developing an Accessible Poster Presentation.
Presenters can upload their handouts in PowerPoint or PDF format at no charge prior to the Annual Meeting. Handouts will be a permanent part of the Online Program. Handouts can be uploaded in the Speaker's Corner and making updates to presentations. A direct link to YOUR PERSONAL Speaker's Corner can be found in your acceptance email. You can also log in with your Abstract ID.
If you have missplaced your password you can request the information to be emailed directly to you.
Posters Printed, Laminated and Ready for Pick Up
There is no longer any need to struggle through airport security with bulky poster carrying cases or taking the chance that your hard work and research will be lost or misplaced during your travels.
More information available in Summer 2014.