About the Annual Meeting
Join more than 12,000 of your colleagues from across the U.S. and around the world for the public health event of the year! This is a big meeting with lots of opportunities. Let us help you plan a successful experience.
General Sessions that will inspire
- Opening General Session features Pulitzer Prize winning author Isabel Wilkerson who will present the universal, human story of migration and the search for the American Dream. Reading Wilkerson's Book? Join APHA's Book Club (Sunday, Nov. 16, noon-2 p.m.)
- The NEW Monday General Session brings together five former U.S. Surgeons General and the current acting Surgeon General for a discussion on the future of health in America. (Monday, Nov. 17, 4:30-5:30 p.m.)
- Closing General Session will feature Dr. Risa Lavizzo-Mourey, President of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation who will share her vision of achieving “A Culture of Health.” Her remarks will be followed by a conversation with some of the nation’s top health strategists on how to build the movement to get there. (Wednesday, Nov. 19, 2:30 p.m.-4:30 p.m.)
More than 1,000 sessions take place during the meeting! (Printable PDF of Preliminary Session Titles)
- Oral Sessions* - panel presentation on emerging issues and best practices.
- Roundtable Sessions* - small group discussion where attendees can speak directly to the presenters about best practices.
- Poster Sessions* - visual representation of research and findings where attendees can interact one-on-one with the presenter.
- Film Festival*- short films and PSAs on public health topics.
APHA Learning Institutes - take your education to the next level by attending these in-depth full- or half-day sessions taking place Saturday and Sunday (additional fees apply).
Earn up to 30 Continuing Education Credits (additional fees apply).
- More opportunities - Get involved, have some fun and gather new information outside the classroom.
*Opinions expressed by authors of abstracts represent only the opinions of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the American Public Health AssociationNetworking Opportunities
Don't miss the opportunity to meet new people and forge connections. Here are some great places to make that happen.
Employers and job seekers can meet face-to-face at APHA's Public Health CareerMart CareerDay. For an additional fee, job seekers can also take part in private career coaching.
There is something for everyone!
Annual Meeting Blog
Our Annual Meeting Blog covers news, announcements and events of the APHA Annual Meeting. Follow the highlights on our Annual Meeting Blog.