Annual Meeting Program Highlights
With more than 1,000 cutting edge scientific sessions, 700 booths of information and state-of-the-art public health products and services, and hundreds of social events the APHA Annual Meeting is the prominent event for learning and networking within the public health field.
- Scientific Sessions - The Annual Meeting consists of more than 1,000 scientific sessions, roundtables, poster sessions, institutes and panel discussions at which over 5,000 scientific papers will be presented. Don't miss a thing! You can't possibly attend all the session. After the meeting access E-ssentialLearning, Online scientific session presentation recordings. Now available for purchase for 2013.
- APHA Learning Institutes - Full and half-day educational programs designed to provide an in-depth learning experience in the latest public health trends and topics (additional fees apply).
- Opening General Session - The Opening General Session will kick off the Annual Meeting.
- Closing General Session
- Continuing Education Credits - Earn credit for attending the APHA Annual Meeting (additional fees apply).
- Public Health Film Festival
- Public Health Exposition - Discover 700 booths of the latest products and services at the APHA Public Health Exposition. Access poster sessions and the Electronic Information Center. Visit Everything APHA and the Exhibitor Theatre for in-depth information.
- Public Health CareerMart – This is perfect opportunity for employers and job seekers to meet face-to-face. Prior to the meeting, employers can post job announcements online and reserve interview booths for onsite interviews. Job seekers can post resumes online and sign up for a private career coaching session with a professional career coach (these are paid sessions).
- Mix and Mingle Lounge - Take advantage of free WiFi and computers in the Electronic Information Center. Charge your phone, grab a bite to eat or simply relax between sessions.
- Public Health Awards Reception and Ceremony - Join your colleagues to recognize the recipients of APHA's prestigious awards.
- Ticketed Food Functions - Purchase tickets to a number of special breakfasts, lunches and dinners. A great opportunity for networking, learning and a little fun.
- Social Hours - Meet with friends old and new at events sponsored by Sections, SPIGs, Caucuses and Forums or by Related Organizations.