This page lists websites and webpages that contain numerous resources related to the Affordable Care Act. Resources related to specific ACA topics are listed on other pages in this site; see directory below.
ACA websites and Web pages (non-APHA)
- Healthcare.gov: The official Affordable Care Act website, with easy-to-understand information for consumers and others: find insurance options, learn about prevention, compare care quality, understand the new law
- Whitehouse.gov: Useful information for those wanting to educate the public about the law: find an overview of the law, an interactive timeline, key facts and numbers, benefits for different populations, and myths and facts.
- Kaiser Family Foundation: Health Reform Source has overviews, a health reform FAQ and glossary, research and analysis, interactive resources, public opinion data, state resources, and more.
- Families USA: Health Reform Central has numerous resources and fact sheets on the ACA
- Health Reform GPS by the George Washington University's Hirsh Health Law and Policy Program and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation has numerous resources relating to ACA implementation and challenges. See their overview of the law on one page, or a set of pages on various topics.
- State Refor(u)m, a new project of the National Academy for State Health Policy, is a network focused on state health reform implementation issues.
- Urban Institute's Health Policy Center features research and analysis on health reform and other health policy topics
- Health Affairs is a trusted health policy journal, and often features research and analysis on health reform.
- Trust for America's Health: Prevention and Health Reform/ Affordable Care Act has a variety of resources on the ACA's prevention provisions.
- The Prevention Institute also has a page of information and resources: Reforming our Health System.
- Both the Association of State and Territorial Health Officials and the National Association of County and City Health Officials offer pages of information and resources on health reform.
- Health Insurance 101, a project by Community Catalyst and Georgetown University, provides useful background information on our insurance system, and ACA provisions affecting insurance.
Supreme Court decision (June 28, 2012)
ACA 2 year anniversary (March 23, 2012)
ACA 1 year anniversary (March 23, 2011)
Other general health reform resources
Useful links on Medicaid Expansion
Useful links about Health Insurance Exchanges
Useful Links about the Minimum Coverage Provision
Return to top of page.