The American Journal of Public Health informs members of the latest scientific and research developments. This peer-reviewed monthly public health journal contains original public health research, program evaluations and special reports on varied topics. Regular members receive print subscriptions and online access. Student, special health worker and consumer members receive only online access.
2. The Nation’s Health published monthly, focuses on the news that public health professionals need, whether it’s happening in their state legislatures, nation’s capital, or on a global scale. www.thenationshealth.org
3. The APHA Annual Meeting & Exposition is the premier public health event in the world. Members receive a substantial discount on registration! This Meeting features nationally recognized speakers, panel discussions, continuing professional education, more than 1,000 sessions and a large expo with more than 700 booths. More than 13,000 professionals attend each year in a highly energized environment. www.apha.org/meetings
4. Advocacy: APHA continues to advocate on behalf of the public’s health and public health workers like you. You can actively participate via our Public Health Action Campaign website at www.apha.org/advocacy/activities. APHA focuses on core policy priorities such as access to care and eliminating health disparities.
5. Discipline-based Sections or Special Primary Interest Groups enable you to share knowledge and experience with your peers and contribute to the growing body of scientific knowledge. Newsletters, list serve groups and timely information are some of the benefits of your Section affiliation. Leadership opportunities are available. www.apha.org/membergroups
6. Additional Section/SPIG: Members may join up to two additional Sections or SPIGs for only $30 each. You will receive full benefits and voting rights for each additional Section/SPIG you join. www.apha.org/about/membership/additionalunit.htm
7. Public Health CareerMart is the place to find and post jobs in the field of public health. Hundreds of listings are available! www.apha.org/about/careers/.
8. Continuing Education - contact credit hours for physicians, nurses and health educators; a valuable member benefit. www.apha.org/programs/education.
9. APHA books and resources - are written and edited by distinguished researchers. Titles include the classic Control of Communicable Diseases Manual; many new titles and issue briefs are introduced each year. Members receive substantial discounts. Visit the APHA bookstore.
10. Your professional home. No other organization offers the broad-based perspective and national clout that APHA does. Our 50,000 national and state affiliate members are diverse in scope but like-minded in their dedication to creating a healthier world. APHA believes that health is a fundamental human right and works to ensure that everyone has a voice in the national public health debate.
Join the Leading Organization of Public Health Professionals Today!
Join APHA and Register for the 2012 Annual Meeting at the same time to receive registration discounts!
Download Top 10 PDF here.