Joint APHA/Affiliate Membership Pilot
What is the Joint APHA/Affiliate Pilot?
APHA has a pilot project with four of our affiliated state associations to encourage new and renewing individuals to join both groups at the same time...and with one deeply discounted annual fee.
This APHA/Affiliate Joint Membership Pilot hopes to strengthen public health advocacy at the national and local levels. As a member of your state association, you’ll be notified about upcoming events and activities via newsletters and other timely communications. You’ll find it easy to be active at the grassroots level! You will, of course, receive all of the APHA benefits too.
If you live in Northern California, Kansas, Massachusetts or Ohio, consider joining the Joint APHA/Affiliate Pilot.
Download the printable version of the brochure and application.
The Joint Membership Pilot provides:
1. Savings of up to $90 when joining both APHA and your state
public health association simultaneously
2. Advocacy on the local, state and national level, including:
a. Ensuring access to healthcare
b. Eliminating health disparities
c. Protecting funding for core public health services
3. Access to more continuing education benefits
4. An online version of the American Journal of Public Health and
print copy of The Nation’s Health
Join APHA and your affiliate to be an active advocate for
When you join the APHA/Affiliate Joint Membership Pilot, you will receive membership benefits from both APHA and the state affiliate.
American Public Health Association Benefits
1. Advocacy on the local and national level
2. Discount registration fees to APHA's Annual Meeting and
3. American Journal of Public Health-online
4. The Nation's Health newspaper- monthly publication
5. Networking opportunities
6. Public Health CareerMart
7. Discounts on books and publications
8. Over 30 discipline-based Sections, SPIGS and Forums
State Affiliate Benefits
Standard affiliate benefits include:
Advocacy and Public Policy
Annual Conference discounts
Specific affiliate benefits include:
California Public Health Association-North
1. Crosscutting relations and information
2. Effectively utilize expertise
3. Online job listings
Kansas Public Health Association
1. Legislative updates
2. Online job listings
3. Professional Development
Massachusetts Public Health Association
1. Online job listings
2. Legislative updates
3. Effectively utilize expertise
Ohio Public Health Association
1. Job postings
2. Legislative updates
3. Current event information