This committee focuses on selecting the winners of the following five APHA Awards:
- Sedgwick Memorial Medal for Distinguished Service in Public Health, APHA oldest and most prestigious honor
- APHA Award for Excellence
- David P. Rall Award for Advocacy in Public Health
- Helen Rodriguez-Trias Social Justice Award
- Sidel-Levy Award for Peace
The Committee members are public health professionals possessing rich experience and broad diversity across the public health community.
For 2013 the Committee will have 4 open positions available for two-year term.
Responsiblities of the Committee
The activities of the Awards Committee are to share the Call for Awards Nominations with their colleagues, reviewing nominations and meet via conference call to select the award winners in mid-June.
Term Ending November 2013
Patricia Documet, MD, DrPH
Linda E. May, PhD
Junling Wang, PhD
Ruth E. Zambrana, PhD
Term Ending November 2014
Miryam C. Gerdine, MPH
Johanna M. Hinman, MPH, MCHES
Polly S. Turner, DrPH, MPH, RPh
Deborah K. Walker, EdD
Staff Liaison: Deborah Dillard