*Virtual Conference* Greetings! I am co-founder of the International Autoimmune Arthritis Movement, a 501(c)3 non-profit committed to eliminating the adversity caused by autoimmune arthritis by raising global awareness, providing wellness alternatives, and uniting resources that will improve the quality of life for those affected by these diseases. On May 20th, 2013, we will be hosting the 2nd Annual World Autoimmune Arthritis Day. Various events will be held throughout the day at the official World Autoimmune Arthritis Day website: http://www.worldautoimmunearthritisday.org/
1) This event is held online, globally, and begins at 6am ET/USA on May 19th and ends at 5am ET/USA on May 21st (47 hours, covering every time zone worldwide for the duration of May 20th.)
2) Presentations- (10)* downloadable, educational presentations will be available. Topics will range from physical and emotional challenges to tips on dealing with these diseases.
3) Resource Center- This area will contain a list of support and advocacy groups, as well as a blog list, for attendees to locate helpful information that can benefit their experience dealing with Autoimmune Arthritis. This section will also include “Expert Inquiries”, where professionals will volunteer to serve as resources to answer questions, via email, about specific Autoimmune Arthritis concerns. Examples include rheumatologist, eye doctor, dentist, personal trainer, and psychologist.
4) Nonprofit Booths- Every nonprofit around the world who advocates for one or more of the Autoimmune Arthritis diseases will be invited to host a Virtual Booth (no charge). The booth will include:
a. Logo and link to website, facebook, and twitter.
b. Section “What We Do”- description of organization and programs, along with take home brochures if available
c. Section “Downloadable Resources”- area where nonprofit can provide unlimited pdf files that aim to educate those affected about dealing with their disease(s).
5) Other organizations who will be supporting and/or participating in the event will include EULAR, the Arthritis Foundation, and the American College of Rheumatology, among many others.
Would you please include World Autoimmune Arthritis Day, to be held May 20th, 2013 (and continuing annually) sponsored by the International Autoimmune Arthritis Movement on your Health Awareness Dates Calendar of Events? We would be most appreciative! Contact for the event is Tami@IAAMovement.org. Please let me know if you should have any questions.
Thanks and have a great day!
Co-Founder and Officer
International Autoimmune Arthritis Movement