Center for Public Health Policy
The Center for Public Health Policy at APHA was founded in the Spring of 2006. Intended to serve as a resource for evidence-based policy analysis of scientific issues, the Center has two main functions:
1) Provide objective, accurate analysis of public health issues.
2) Generate novel, solution-oriented ideas for addressing the nation's most pressing public health issues.
The Center's priority issues are focused in three areas:
1) Ensuring access to healthcare for vulnerable populations.
2) Studying the relationship between the environment and the public's health.
3) Reducing health disparities by race, income, geographic region and gender.