NPHPSP Version II Launch
The NPHPSP Version II was launched at a reception held at the APHA Annual Meeting in November 2008, Washington, DC. The State public health standards, the local public health standards and governance assessment instruments were updated to ensure that they reflected current public health practice and were streamlined to improve there user friendliness.
Remarks were given by APHA's Executive Director, Dr. Georges Benjamin and Dr. Dennis Lenaway of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Photo by EZ Event Photography.
NPHPSP Webcast Flyer:
(Webcast is currently archived and will be available upon request).
Updated NPHPSP Instruments:
- The National Public Health Performance Standards Progr
am (NPHPSP) is pleased to announce that its State Public Health System, Local Public Health System and Governance Assessment Instruments have been updated to ensure that they reflect current public health practice and streamlined to improve user friendliness. The final versions were released August, 2007 after final OMB approval for data collection. For more information, log on to:
- Fifth Annual NPHPSP Training Workshop was held June 26-27, 2007 in Scottsdale, Arizona.
Photos: Courtesy of Karlene Baddy, APHA
- Sixth Annual Training Workshop was held April, 15 -16 in Nashville, Tennessee.
- One hundred and ten people attended from twenty-eight states and the District of Columbia.
- The workshop focused on identifying the benefits of using the NPHPSP instruments, implementing the assessment, using the results to coordinate performance improvement efforts and understanding the relationship between the NPHPSP and related national initiatives, including accreditation and MAPP.
- The seventh Annual National Public Health Performance Standards Program (NPHPSP) Training Workshop was held on April 14-15, 2009 in Columbus, Ohio.
- CDC and NNPHI collaborated and held the 8th Annual National Public Health Performance Standards Training Workshop in Dallas, Texas on April 13th and 14th, 2010.
- Ninety representatives from state health departments, local health departments, universities, and public health institutes attended this year's training. Attendees learned the essentials regarding conducting the NPHPSP assessment and using assessment results for performance improvement.
- Additionally, the training offered skills-building breakout sessions and highlighted the relationship between the NPHPSP and the national voluntary accreditation program for state and local health departments.
The 9th Annual NPHPSP Training was held May 10-13, 2011 in St. Louis, Missouri. A MAPP Training was also included. The focus was on a newly enhanced training workshop: Improving Public Health: Exploring Agency, Systems, and Community Health Improvement.
The training included opportunities to learn about accreditation, performance and quality improvement, health assessment and improvement planning, and how all of these support an overall public health improvement strategy. Special attention was given to preparing for accreditation and implementing the NPHPSP Assessment and utilizing the MAPP for community and/or state health improvement planning
- Since the asssessment tools were first made available in 2002, state ans local jurisdictions in more than 45 states and the District of Columbia have utilized the NPHPSP to measure and improve public health system performance. For additional information on completion of the local instrument and the governance information view the NPHPSP maps.